feminine issues- itching.. what will help?

So... it itches on the inside and my urethra burns. I've been having the burning issue for the last 4 years on and off. It started when I first had sex, I got BV. After that was cured I've been having on and off UTI's. Any ideas what this might be?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Health

• Could be some sort of infection.

This may sound really gross but I had a doctor many years ago tell me to try this, AND it worked. This way before over the counter meds were avail and when they were first out, were $15 I did not have.

Try plain yogurt...and DO NOT PUT INSIDE YOUR VAGINA! Place a few tablespoons on the OUTSIDE of your vagina. Then take PLAIN oatmeal and cover it. Oatmeal keeps it there. Sleep on a towel, no underwear so your "V" can breathe. Try this a few nights in a row.

You can buy OTC products like Monistat..etc. to help with the itching. ALSO after, use plain cornstarch, not baby powder with it. Not alot after you dry off from a shower around the area to keep your "V' dry.

Good luck, but DO consult with your PCP(primary care physcian!)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• 4 years and you haven't seen a doctor?

Answer by rkoloms at 7:42 AM on Jul. 3, 2009