I think that I want to get my tubes tied...

... i am only 20 tho and I feel that my daughter that I have now is just fine for me and I couldn't love another child because all my love goes towards my daughter. My doctor said that he would do it when I am 21. I am just really unsure!! Any comments would help, even if they are negative.

hayleighsmommy1

Asked by hayleighsmommy1 at 12:59 AM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Health

• It's permanent mama. You are YOUNG. Who knows what your future holds? I agree w/PP...the Paragard IUD lasts 10 years....I'd go with that for now.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 1:18 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I would not do it.

Things in you life are one way now, but things could change at any point in the next 30 years to make you change your mind. I would go with a method of birth control that has high statistics and call it good. I have an IUD and LOVE it.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:04 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• i wouldnt do it just yet b/c i was really adimit at 18 that i didnt want any moe babies after my mc but my dr refused 2 yrs later i gave birth to my dd and shes my world and now that she is older and wants a baby brother im having a hard time conceiving. rite now u may think u dont want another one cause ur so focaused on ur lo but give it a couple years and see if u feel the same then if u do then get fixed
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 1:21 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• You don't mention a hubby or boyfriend, so I am going to assume you are a single mom. So much can change in a year or two, don't do anything so permanent yet. Use another long term bc like an IUD or the depo shot or something. It is hard to imagine being able to love another child when you love your first so much, it is a very common worry for moms who are having their second baby. But it is so easy to love a new baby, your heart grows and the love grows. Don't rob yourself of the chance to have another in a few years if you want. Wait and see a little bit. I remember being 20 and feeling so mature (and you are), but now at 34 that seems so young. Give yourself some time.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 1:26 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Damn here in ohio u have 2 be 21 with 3 or 25 before they will do it.
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 2:14 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Oh yea. I wouldnt do it yet. What if u get married & want children with him? Get IUD.
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 2:16 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I feel your pain. I am 21, have 2 sons, have had 2 miscarriages, am married and my OB will not EVEN think of doing it till I am 31 even though we are 100% sure. So, even though we really didn't want to have to do this, hubby is most likely getting a vasectomy.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 9:56 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• definantly get an IUD im 24 my tubes are tied and not only is it permenant but ur period gets really messed up, its alot heavier clotty, sometimes u dont even have it or ur late alot. i never knew about the IUD untill after i had my tubes tied my dr never even mentioned it to me. its been 4 yrs now and i fully regret it.
    kd2kds

Answer by kd2kds at 4:12 PM on Jul. 3, 2009