my 5 year old = stress

i am 15 weeks pregnant. I had a misscarrage last summer due to stress. my SO is currently (away). i have a 5 year old daughter , who is very smart and usually listens to whatever i say, here lately she has gotten into back talking, and disobaying me. (sorry for the spelling). i find myself telling her to "stop this" or "quit running" "quit fighting" "clean up your room" normal things.. but she does not listen, she will just ignore me compleatly or say "no i wont" or "you cant make me" .. the doctors have me at a high risk pregnancy due to several difrent reasons. i wounder if i should sit nadia (DD) down and tell her that she is hurting mommy and the baby, i have tried everything. time out, grounding, even wiping her. she has recently been put in a new situation, where she is around other kids that act this way... but she knows better, what should i do... how can i get it threw to her that is is hurting me and the baby?

jannaboo

Asked by jannaboo at 1:03 AM on Jul. 3, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Well maybe you need to do longer time outs. My daughter is 6 going on 7 or should I say 20. But we had lots of issues with her being the way your dd is. I do not do the 6 minute time outs, I do a 30 minute to the whole day time out only coming down for meals. And we do a get a chore from the jar. I am completely strict with this and do not give in under any conditions. My list I will give you, because I couldn't get my daughter to dislike time outs this has worked for me 100%

Any action that she does that we do not allow her to do gets a consequence. She usually gets 1 warnning unless she has hurt someone. But after the first warning we have a jar with chores that range from scrubbing the toilets to picking up the dog poo from the yard. She gets something everytime,

Hitting, kicking, biting, any kind of harm she is gone for the day. That means no tv and no toys, just her all alone thinking of her actions.
    We also
    suzyb1980

Answer by suzyb1980 at 11:57 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• once she has been in the jar she goes to her 30 minute time out, if that doesn't work another chore, and then if after the 4th warning and 3rd consequence we send her to her room for the remainder of the evening.
    suzyb1980

Answer by suzyb1980 at 11:58 AM on Jul. 3, 2009