• In the Spotlight:

Does anyone else know or have an infant with EXTRMELY bad acid reflux?

My daughter is six months old and has had this condition since birth. I am just looking for someone to talk to that knows of this situation or has any suggestions! Thank u

hayleighsmommy1

Asked by hayleighsmommy1 at 1:04 AM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Kids' Health

• My son had it extremely bad. We ended up spending almost 6 weeks in the hospital after he turned 5 weeks old because of failure to thrive due to the reflux. He had to have a Nissen Fundoplication and G-tube surgery. He is now 10 months old and we are off the meds and the feeding tube is out and he weighs 21.5 pounds and is 32.5 inches long. Feel free to PM me if i can help you with anything.
    Rondamb

Answer by Rondamb at 11:53 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• well my son was 24weeker and now he has hare cord refelx what what u want to know or talk about?
    enaNianza

Answer by enaNianza at 1:14 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• My twins had it pretty bad when they were born and in the NICU. When they were in the NICU they were on meds, and had to be put at an angle in Dani Slings. When I brought them home, they gave us Dani Slings to put them in, had to put the crib at an angle to help that. I also would let them sleep in the bouncy chairs because it was more comfortable for them that way too. I know it's rough to go through. They now are six months old, it's getting better and they aren't on meds anymore, but I do hold them for a half hour before I put them down after they eat to help with that. I'm not sure if this was much help, but I know what you're going through.
    I hope she grows out of it soon! You can always PM me if you want to :)
    Rosalie29

Answer by Rosalie29 at 1:15 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• My 3 yo had it bad for her first year. On adult strength meds from about 3 weeks. You can message me if you want.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:14 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Yeah my friend's son had awful reflux. Turned out he was allergic to milk. Stopped the milk and he stopped refluxing.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 2:54 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I think some kids outgrow it but one of my guys was a premie and was in the hospital for 11 months. He took meds for years, but was to sick for surgery, he finally had the Nissen when he was 11 yrs old. It made a huge difference for him and I would recommend it for anyone thinking about it. He will need the surgery one more time as an adult, when he is done growing taller.
    7babies4me

Answer by 7babies4me at 8:06 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• My daughter has acid reflux the dr put her on Enfamil A R and it work awesome!!!!!!!!
    mommaofemma

Answer by mommaofemma at 12:42 AM on Jul. 11, 2009