• In the Spotlight:

baby due very depressed.

I dont understand how I can even feel this way, but I am feeling like I am really distant from my baby. I keep thinking about her birth and i'm just not feeling the happiness\excitement i had just a week ago.
My babies father is in jail facing 10 years and it's my fault he is in there. I am thinking this has something to do with my feelings toward the baby. I don't know. I am feeling really depressed and I don't know what to do or think.

babymomma4

Asked by babymomma4 at 1:25 AM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• try not to think about it.Be happy you and ur baby daddy's creation is about to come out.so when he gets out he can finally see his bundle of joy-or maybe sooner if the let you visit him-
    cheer up.youre almost done
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 1:30 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I think your hormones are probably just out of whack. I can almost guarantee you that when you see her, you'll fall in love. How is it your fault that he is in there?
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 1:51 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• No no no, its perfectly normal. I felt the same way. Almost like the baby belonged to someone else. It actually took two weeks after having her to feel like she was really mine. Honestly, I woke up one morning and she was in her cradle looking at me. It finally hit me how much she means to me. I would do anything for her and i love her to pieces. I think its normal, especially if this is your first. Your facing an end to one chapter of your life, and the beginning of another. Trust me, once you have your baby you wont be able to imagine life without them. It can be hard sometimes, but its definetly worth it.
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 1:51 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Why are you saying its your fault he's in jail?? If he got 10 yrs he obvisouly did something to deserve it. You can't blame yourself. Even if he is covering for you or whatever. I'm sure once that baby comes you'll forget everything. It will be hard without him. But if you're really having problems with this perhaps you should talk to your doc. espically if it keeps on after the baby is born.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 2:06 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• oh hun hormones suck sometimes. With it being so close to birth time your feel anxiety. We all feel it. its normal. talk with your doctor to see if they can help
    squeeker_momma

Answer by squeeker_momma at 12:53 PM on Jul. 3, 2009