• In the Spotlight:

does anyone else hate politics?

to avoid any issues I won't name my preference but i am so tired of libs and conservatives tearing each other apart in the name of politics. Does no one remember what this country was based on? People with different views and religions coexisting and united together for the greater good of our country. we are so divided no wonder this country is in trouble! Ladies forget who you voted for and work together. Stand by your fellow mother and lend her a helping hand no matter who she is and when the time comes a mom will help you. Pay it forward

squeeker_momma

Asked by squeeker_momma at 1:27 AM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• There has ALWAYS been dialogue between various political opinions. Did the Boston Tea party upset you? Do you hate the women's suffrage movement? protests of the 1960's? Or does the gays demonstrations for equal rights upset you? Many yrs..The beauty of this nation is that people have different views. They're allowed to express those views because of the freedoms our fore fathers fought and worked for.  And people are allowed to express their opposition in a non-violent way. To answer your ques. No, I don't hate politics. I wish MORE people care about what their elected officials are doing to this nations. I wish more people would demand a fiscally aware Federal Government. I wish more people would look at the massive spending.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:48 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• You do know that alot of those women specifically come in here and troll for trouble, right? I mean I've seen some obvious, in your face, pot-stirring questions in the P&CE section.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 1:37 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• yes, it gets overwhelming sometimes. there are so many stupid things said by both sides. it frustrates me to no-end! so sometimes i just have to take a break from here...and then come back recharged & ready to hear so more bickering about stupid stuff haha.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:45 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I didn't used to be at all interested in politics. Then came all the wild gov't activity in response to the pop of the housing bubble, and Guantanamo, and AIG, and the Treasury Dept, and the Federal Reserve, and Chrysler and GM, and this health care bill, and the cap and trade bill, and the many many inexperienced but very opinionated extremists hired into the White House,

each move more un-Constitutional than the last, and threatening more. With the media working frantically to keep its audience entertained and oblivious, my alarm levels have risen.

It is immature to choose name-calling or charges of racism, etc. instead of stating a viewpoint or bringing some unseen facts to light.

But I think I see people using this forum to learn what's going on in the gov't maneuvers which will fence about our lives.

waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 4:14 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I heard an interesting theory on WNIR talk radio yesterday coming home from work...

Politicians LIKE when we spend all our time tearing into each other to support our "party".
    It keeps us from paying attention to the fact that our elected representatives do NOT vote how we want them to, no matter how many phone calls/letters/emails they receive.

A bicameral system of government does not need to have political parties. Abolish the parties, look at a candidates voting record (if they have one), get to know something about them, and THEN vote - don't just mark D or R. This isn't a football betting pool any more.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 5:52 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• For some it's just so much easier to come on here and let people know that their view point is always right and try to shove it down others throats. It's also become acceptable for people to call each other names, insult people, trash each other and tell them that their beliefs and they themselves suck. And this comes from both sides.

While some folks on this site might be able to pass on knowledge it's kinda gets overlooked when at the same time their giving information the informant is also insulting someone in the same breath. Why some ladies (and I use the term loosely) do realize that their issue, point, idea would be much more palatable if they dropped the insults and actually just talk is beyond me.

This site is full of internet bullies who thrive on beating up others and it comes from both sides. They often hid behind convenient excuses like 'it's my right to say what I want even if I'm insulting you". Sad.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:04 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• grly--

WONDERFULLY stated....

you rock

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:15 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I don't hate politics itself, but I can't stand all the conspiracy nuts. "OMG, OBAMA CONTACTED THE MARTIANS, AND THEY'RE GOING TO RULE THE EARTH!!!!!"
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 8:16 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I think a hate of politics is what the government WANTS from us right now. I don't think they want us involved or interested until it's voting time and they can corral us into booths with a free sticker and some pats on the backs and false promises. I do think politicians think they are doing the right thing.,.. I prefer to believe they are good of heart on it even if they might not be. However, two people can have drastically different views and still come from a good place in the heart on it... That is why we MUST be involved and have dialogue... jmo

CooksWife

Answer by CooksWife at 9:53 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• "It is immature to choose name-calling or charges of racism, etc. instead of stating a viewpoint or bringing some unseen facts to light."

I agree completely.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:11 AM on Jul. 3, 2009