I'm confused. Why is it that....

According to previous questions, you ladies think it's okay to bathe naked with your children, but not sleep naked in the same bed with them? How is that different? Just something I was wondering. I personally hate sleeping with clothes on.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:27 AM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think that is gross! I wont even do that when my child is an infant! im trying to beat it out of hubby now...
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 1:28 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• i sleep with underwear on and thats it and i have my baby in bed but not in the bath yet he is to little
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 1:28 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• i think it depends on how old your children are period. my son is now 6 yrs old and i definetly don't walk around naked in front of him, nor take a bath or shower with him or lay in bed with him with no clothes on.
    i get it when they're newborns that you bathe with them, but laying in bed with them naked??? but hey we're all different, but i think it's uncalled for, but that's just my opinon.
    trisandkksmom

Answer by trisandkksmom at 1:29 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• its eazier to BF at night if i already dont have a shirt on and i only bath with my 1st son when he is sick but he is only 2
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 1:31 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• When I BF'd my son, I had to have a shirt/bra on or I would wake up in a big wet spot.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 1:40 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I shower with my three year old daughter, always have. I do not sleep with her, but I definitely wouldn't sleep naked with her. The difference, IMO, is that in the shower she is sitting in the tub playing, in bed we'd be cuddling. I don't cuddle naked with anyone but my hubby. I think that's the key difference. Plus she's a lot more likely to explore if I was just lying naked with her, as opposed to a quick shower, and I don't really want to be felt up by a three year old.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 1:48 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• britn...
    oh, OP here anyways, I don't shower with my baby at 10 months but it is easier to breastfeed in the bed and we don't cuddle, just sleep. Plus, the baby sleeps higher than we do so we don't accidentally cover him with blankets in our sleep so his feet are actually where my head and neck are, he's no where near my other private part. I actually never thought of it as a bad thing until I saw the original post on here a while back. If the baby wakes up, I'm right there to feed. I hate wearing clothes to bed because I get way to hot and hopefully we'll have our room back soon!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:23 AM on Jul. 3, 2009