Do you think the story of "A CHILD CALLED IT" is true?

im reading it right now and it seems too crazy to be true.
What do you think?

dennysgirl07

Asked by dennysgirl07 at 1:30 AM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• if you follow up on him and his brothers books you'll believe it... just google him

i read his books years ago and i was crying the entire time. i don't think this is fiction, this is a story of a broken man who's sharing his horrible life in the hands of a woman that had really really big issues.
    trisandkksmom

Answer by trisandkksmom at 1:31 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• never heard of it....
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 1:32 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I have read all 4 of his books and i think it is true i had horrible parents his was worse but in a way it made me feel better about my childhood
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 1:32 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• to the ones that don't know what this is about, google dave pelzer or the title of one of his books, a child called it
    trisandkksmom

Answer by trisandkksmom at 1:37 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Yes I think it's true. His story is heart wrenching. Imagining a mother torturing her child like that makes me cry. I read all his books and can do nothing but praise that man for turning out to be a decent man.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 1:39 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• what's sad is that many many children go or had to go trough such things but never gotten a chance to speak about it.
    how can a mother treat her own child like that??? i think the most horrific scene i still have in my head thinking of him is the one where she made him drink whatever it is was in the kichten. what was it again, some cleaning stuff i think? refresh my memory if you've been to that part already
    trisandkksmom

Answer by trisandkksmom at 1:41 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• no. the brothers came forward on an interview and said it never happened! GOOGLE it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:41 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• of course it's true.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:50 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:54 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I remember this title! Is it an old book because I recall hearing about it when I was young.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 2:03 AM on Jul. 3, 2009