Childcare question please help

Ok so I want to make sure that I am doing the right thing for this area as far as childcare goes and all the research I have done tells me I have but I have a parent that is irate at this.

So If you could answer these questions it would help

Do you have to pay for or expect to pay for childcare upfront (either daily,monthly or weekly)?

If your child is schedule to attend childcare on a certain day and you do not show up for whatever reason do you expect to be charged for that day or a credit be giving (less than 72 hours notice of course)?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:30 AM on Jul. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• Most daycares allow a certain amount of sick days based on the amount of time the child has been there. I think it's about 1 a month. Similar to if you had sick leave at work. They would credit your billing account with the fees for that day. Kids and adults get sick, have vacations, whatever. If it is a habit, then they would be charged. You should have some type of contract about this in your paperwork and make it clear to all parents what your policies are ahead of time either way.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 2:56 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• It is clear in my contract but after 6 months of care she now feels it is unfair. She think she is exempt from it since she claims she is drop in daily care, which is not guarenteed by myself or by the parent. But she pays me in advance on a weekly bases. Based of what her schedule is that week and what she needs me for. So by my states guidelines this is Part-time care as since she pre-paid she expects me to hold the spot for her and not give it up to another child who will actually pay me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:02 AM on Jul. 3, 2009