my baby is sick!!

my son is 4.5 months old.. he has a fever of 103, and he has been pulling on his ear and coughing and sneezing a lot.. should i take him to the er??

tristensmom1111

Asked by tristensmom1111 at 2:32 AM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would call ask a nurse first at your local hospital and tell them his symptoms and see what they tell you
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:36 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Have you given him tylonol? I would call your doctors emergency line and ask them what you should do. Good Luck....it's probably an ear infection.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 2:37 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• He's awful young to have a fever that high and wait. I would take him in.
    mommymine3

Answer by mommymine3 at 2:38 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Ugh, yeah! I would take him! My mom was watching my daughter while I was working a late dinner shift and when I got home she had a high fever, wasn't breathing right, and couldn't stop crying. I took her to Childrens and she had a bad ear infection and croup. They gave her steroids for the croup and meds for her ears, but by the time we got there her temp was like 105 and rising. That was at age 2 and infants under a year have higher risks when having a fever.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 3:01 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• well a babies normal temp is supposed to be a couple degrees higher than an adults but I would take him in. Its amazing how an IV can bring down a fever
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 3:09 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• my son got sick at 3 months he had a bad fever and everything like urs and when i took him in they had to give him a breathing treatment and after about a year of the same crap for 3 out of 4 weeks in a month they told me he has childhood astma i would take the baby in
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 10:46 AM on Jul. 3, 2009