how to use Nuva Ring!?

ok so I've got the basic's down, put in on day one of cycle, leave in for 3 weeks take out for one week, put back in. but here's where I am confused, so I count from the first day I put it in right, so on the last day of the 3rd week do I take it out or let that last day complete then take it out on the next day? and when I put it back in the same question, do I put it in on the 7th day? or let that day complete and put it in on the 8th day?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:33 AM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Health

• When I used it, I put did everything on the same day of the week every time. For example, put it in for the first time on Monday, take it out on Monday 3 weeks later, put new one in Monday.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 2:38 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Okay so when I used it the doctor said to remove and put it in at the approximately the same time on the days you had to. I would put mine in on Monday about 6 am (for example) and 3 weeks later on Monday I would remove it about 6 am. Take a week off and the next Monday put it back it about 6 am. I also found a cool gadget on their website that they sent me for free to remind me of when to change it. It's been quite a few years so I don't know if they still have it or not.

You can also skip your period if you like (my doctor told me it was alright) by leaving it in during the 4th week and just removing and immediately putting a new one in on Monday of week 4. I only did this a couple times during the summer when it was not a good time to get my period.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 9:36 AM on Jul. 3, 2009