So my son refuses to take his shirt off to swim and they won't let him wear a regular t-shirt because the lint eventually clogs the pool...

He is in day camp and he HATES to take his shirt off. I bought him a shirt made of lycra and he said he doesn't like sleeveless. One of the Deputies went and bought him a lycra shirt and he says it is too tight. My son is way too embarrassed about taking his shirt off and it's not like he has some deformity! He has two little chubby tires and so do the other kids. I hate that he misses out on swimming just because he is shy. What should I tell him?

Gigi1969

Asked by Gigi1969 at 3:15 AM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My son went thru his growing sprut and for a bit had man boobs..or so we called them..
    I would sing My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard...from Family Guy....
    He about beat my ass..so don't do that!
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 3:20 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Take away all his shirts lol. I have no clue.
    pinkanfgrl

Answer by pinkanfgrl at 3:18 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• If he don't want to swim then there is really nothing you can do. Explain to him that there is nothing wrong with the way he looks, if that doesn't work hide his shirt that morning..
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 3:18 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• what do you mean by two chubby tires?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:18 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• i would say she meant two little fat rolls?
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 3:19 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• so is he at a fat camp? you said all the other kids had them too
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:20 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• That's weird, that the lint clogs the pool, here they require white t-shirts be worn by everyone when swimming at the public pool. Has anyone said anything to make him self-conscious?
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 3:22 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Does it matter anon? She is asking 4 ideas on what she can do to make him less shy.
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 3:24 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• No my son is not at "fat camp". He is just embarrassed about taking off his shirt.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 3:24 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• At our ymca they allow shirts to be worn.
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 3:25 AM on Jul. 3, 2009