Would fruit smoothies help me lose weight?

Ive been drinking a lot of homemade fruit smoothies with no added sugar. Would this help me lose weight or is it too much natural sugar in it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:37 AM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Everything in moderation. I guess it depends on what your diet was like before drinking all the smoothies. True, fruit has lots of sugar, but it's better to snack on this than cookies and potato chips. I found that a balanced diet along with routine exercise is best. Also best to think long term rather than short quick fixes....I always ended up loosing the weight only to gain it back later plus more.
    momsc

Answer by momsc at 3:51 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• you also have to think of how many calories are in it . ar eyou burning those calories?
    just drink tons of them isnt going to make you lose weight you have to work out as well even if it is just walking .
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:20 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• It depends on what you are putting in them. Blending up a beet will boost the nutritionals. When we have breadfast smoothies I put in kale (loaded with calcium and iron) and a splash of orange juice or another vitamin C source (the C increases the absorption of the iron).

Answer by rkoloms at 8:35 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I lost 20 lbs went I had mostly raw food. I made smoothies with spinach (cannot taste the spinach) daily and salad at dinner. I had lots of nuts and was never hungry. I made fruit based desserts and granola with almond milk for breakfast. I felt the best when I ate this way. It is just so easy to pick up a sandwich at lunch. I still try to eat smoothies when I can. I dropped the weight quickly before and was never hungry. Now I gain weight if I eat something I should not and deal with a lot of cravings.
    jthor

Answer by jthor at 11:24 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I have been thinking about putting some kind of vegetable in it. I'm drinking one now with a little bit of yogurt and frozen blueberries in it (hope my teeth don't get stained). I know someone who puts herbal life protein powder in it but I just can't stomach the taste of that. How about carrots? Will that kill the taste?
    Anonymous

• I'm sure if you have more fruit than veggies you should be okay taste wise. For me, I would probably just make fruit smoothies and have raw veggies as snacks. I don't see how they can be good in a homemade smoothie.
    AmandaMarie821

Answer by AmandaMarie821 at 4:12 PM on Jul. 3, 2009