has castor oil worked for you ?

I am 39.5 weeks pregnant.
SEriously considering castor oil.

Can any of you ladies who HAVE tried this, tell me your story.

babymomma4

Asked by babymomma4 at 3:38 AM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i havent but everyone and i mean everyone i know who has tried it . which is quite a few , it did not work for them .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:41 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Don't do it. All it will do is cause you to sit on the toilet for a long time. There is also a chance your baby could have a bowel movement too.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 3:44 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Yeah i tired it, didnt work lol.

dont do it. seriously... just because it does not work.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:48 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• buy a big watermelon and eat half of it I know it sounds like a lot but that should make you go.
    I had this problem I would not go for 2 weeks at a time it sucked.
    I also look a glass of welches grape juice drank it and right after I drank a glass of milk.
    I feel for you being constipated is not fun
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 3:50 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• my MIL did it (she was 43 wks) and my hubby had a bowel movement... therefore forcing her into a c section... I don't recommend doing this
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 3:52 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• haha lol wow i used that with my first pregnancy with my daughter didnt do anything besides give me the poops i mean allot so if u like going number 2 every 2.1 second then take it but if u dont i wouldnt suggest it wait for your baby to come dont rush it u could cause fatal problems!!
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 3:53 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• lol ladies I'm not constipated. I want to go into labor.
    babymomma4

Answer by babymomma4 at 5:09 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• 39.5 wks! You're almost there! I know the last few days seem like an enternity but I agree with everyone else castor oil can cause complications and be dangerous in some cases. Why risk it?
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 7:34 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I tried it and it didn't work for me, but my mother used it, and it worked. I asked my Dr. and he said if you were ready anyway it would probably work if not it wouldn't.
    BettyBoo108

Answer by BettyBoo108 at 9:10 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• i tried it a week ago at 40.5 weeks and here i am still miserable and prego... it doesn't work
    yas_marie_87

Answer by yas_marie_87 at 11:10 AM on Jul. 3, 2009