Should I turn in a cover letter?

So I'm applying for a management position with a fast food place. They require 3 months experience in fast food, which I have. However, it was a few years ago (I have management experience, though) and it doesn't go that far back on the application. So should I do a cover letter letting them know about my experience in fast food or not?

Jafra_mommy

Asked by Jafra_mommy at 3:47 AM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Money & Work

•  I would to show them that you do have the experience for the job! Good luck

SD777

Answer by SD777 at 3:54 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Always have a cover letter. The cover letter is the place where we get to zero in on the employer's business pain, and talk about our experience relieving that pain for other employers.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:03 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Yes I would think so. Good Luck!!
    BettyBoo108

Answer by BettyBoo108 at 9:02 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Yes, of course! I think the cover letter makes all of the difference. Just like in the interview, where they want you to basically tell them the story of your resume, I think people don't read resumes very closely. The cover letter is your opportunity to ask for the job and to tell them why you are their best choice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Jul. 3, 2009