Am I doing this wrong?? please help!

I just started potty training my daughter two nights ago. She stays dry during the majority of the night, during naps and most of the day. I got her a potty when she was 13 months old (now she's 19) just so she could get used to it. She loved sitting on it and would sit on it when I went. She pretended and even had her stuffed animals go on it (the babies got diapers). She wants to wear big girl underwear... and has pooped in the potty. She peed in it today (YAY!) but I am confused. Am I pushing her??? I think she's ready but I don't like "forcing her" to sit on it.... yet I ask and she says "ya!" but when we go in she doesn't want to.
How long did it take for yours to actually go on the potty and not in the pullups/diaper/whatever they were wearing!?? I'm not expecting this to just happen, I just want to know how long until she catches on???

07lilmama1108

Asked by 07lilmama1108 at 5:31 AM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i made my son sit on it the first couple of days and he was potty trained in less than a months
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 9:22 AM on Jul. 3, 2009