If you were to open up a business of your own, what would it be?

A bookstore is my dream.

jdzc820

Asked by jdzc820 at 7:58 AM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My SIL and I would like to open a bookstore/ bakery together. She would handle the bookstore and I would handle the bakery. I am a Pastry Chef turned SAHM so I'd love to have my own bakery.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 8:18 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• bistro. or portrait studio
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 8:50 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Mine would also be a book store. I would sell new & used books. There will be soft, plush couches & chairs throughout the store for customers to sit down & read through some of their books before buying them. There will be a small coffee & snack corner for the customers to purchase. My target market will be teens through older adults who wish for some quiet and peaceful time with selecting their books. Of course, mom's with young children may come in, but there aren't any activities for te little ones to keep them busy, so the mom may have to choose her purchase quickly or come back later when she is alone. If they want a specific book that I do not have, even if it is an older print, I will have an online ordering capacity and a search for older books if they are still in print. Gently used books can be brought in for trade - an account will keep track of their value for them.
    That is my dream business.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:56 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• My husband and I have talked about opening a large skatepark for the kids here who love to skate. Mainly because our 15 year old son is a skater. The kids just can't skate much of anywhere around town,for obvious reasons, and there is one skatepark,but it's small. We want one that would be indoor/outdoor, have a snack bar, game room,with a stage so bands could play,and big screen tv. Get our skaterdudes off the streets. Have a pro shop,where they could get their boards and supplies,and of course a team, since once they are sponsored and on a team locally is the first step to getting nationally sponsored and turning pro.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 9:17 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• A coffee shop where local crafters/artisans could rent space or have me (for comission) sell their stuff.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 9:17 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• i already did that back in the 80s i had a mobile hair salon that attended to shut ins and invalids
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 9:28 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Ive always wanted a baby and kids boutique with a section for consignment as well. My best friend and I have been talking about this for years.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:46 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• i'd love to have my own bookstore. although, im currently selling clothes and used books online it's my part-time job aside from my full-time job as a customer service rep. i love fashion and i know the style and trends. still, i'd like to have my very own bookshop.
    angel_caramel

Answer by angel_caramel at 10:08 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I would love to have my own studio to practice yoga, and all types of it..... I don't know if I'll have be able to open my own place but I do think I might become an instructor. I would also like to have a small shop that sold "green" things for adults and children.
    pinkgemini85

Answer by pinkgemini85 at 10:24 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• we already own a sign and tee shirt printing business..... we will be opening a bait/tackle shop in the next 2 years.... and if things are good with all of that hwen the kids go back to school i would love to open either my own salon, or a catering/bakery
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 10:32 AM on Jul. 3, 2009