Personal responsibility.............

involves really attempting to be informed.
Society as a whole is better off.

It means seeking out as many details about the issues as possible and forming rational, not emotional, opinions.

Personally, I believe that people who constantly major on the minor and deflect from the issue are just people who are frustrated because they don't understand WHY they have to think so hard and still come up with nothing. Infuriating!

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

mustbeGRACE

Asked by mustbeGRACE at 8:40 AM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think you are right. :0)
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:42 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Of course she's right - she's Grace the all knowing and she'll have her loyal followers backing her up each and every time. They'll be the usual suspects that come around and pat her on the back for being so wise. Next will be............
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:44 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• OP asking people what they think so she can insult the people who disagree with her. Just watch. Here we go....................
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:46 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I don't agree with everything that Grace says. But her attackers wouldn't know that, they aren't really interested.

Personal responsibility is a dying quality. Even our highest leader uses blame to justify his agenda. This only works so long, so enjoy feeling vindicated for the time being, because it's coming to an end.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:48 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Quinn - point taken.

And yes personal responsibility is dying. This world is dying.

I wonder if the OP takes personal responsibility when she's wrong.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• There is a growing segment of Americans who do NOT want to take Responsibility for their OWN lives.  They are OK with the government controlling their lives. It's a sad reality...

And Quinn: "Even our highest leader uses blame to justify his agenda. This only works so long, so enjoy feeling vindicated for the time being, because it's coming to an end." ~Well Said!!!!

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:55 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I think we can blame the public school systems for that... no wait... the parents? Who's job is it to teach that right? Not only personal responsibility but a sense of civic duty and pride in one's active role in their destiny... Most people don't have that. And when they removed patriotism from the classrooms, and mom and dad didn't step up to the plate... well it's a down hill thing from there. I do think MANY people argue on emotions. It's why I couldn't be around CM much during the election...  I have so many strong opinions but was told I was an idiot or a sheep or uncaring for holding them- people often deflect from the actual questions or find excuses to make them seem more emotionally correct...

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:55 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I used to be one of those people who automatically went on the defensive when I saw a Grace post, but after a while, I noticed that indeed, she had some interesting information, opinions and ideas and I started checking some of them out. Well what do you know, I found there were times I ACTUALLY AGREED WITH HER.

I have noticed that people tend to attack her personally and don't add their own opinions or facts disputing her claims which adds nothing to the conversation.

Grace, I may not always agree with you, but I applaud your determination.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:56 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Thank you.

I am going to Lowe's to buy some patio deep seating that has gone on sale, the black ones with the ottoman, 2 sets.

I have been waiting for them to go on sale and they only have 3 sets left.

Wish me luck and fight amongst yourselves while I'm gone.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 9:01 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I may not always agree with Grace, but I commend Grace because she debates the issues and I respect her because she stands behind her beliefs. Ohhh. and she is willing to put herself 'out there" in the name of helping people become aware of the issues (no matter what side they are on) and she doesn't do it Anonymously posting behind a question mark.. :o)

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:02 AM on Jul. 3, 2009