whats wrong with my scalp?

i do not have lice. i have had so many people check my head...lol. but lately i have had these little scab things all over. they itch and they hurt at the same time. at the top of my head and in the back. they seem to be in clusters. i had a huge one kind of where i part my hair in the front and it was terrible. could these be burns from my hair straightener? or i know this might sound dirty, but i only wash my hair every few days. because i do have to straighten it and with a 2 year old, it saves me alot of time to just throw it up in a ponytail and run the straightener back through it. i know alot of woman that dont wash their hair everyday and they dont seem to be having this problem...any advice???

brodysmama23

Asked by brodysmama23 at 9:20 AM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I don't think it is that you don't wash your hair every day. I know a number of people who don't, and they don't have the problem. To find out for sure, go to a dermatologist. Probably it is sensitivity to your straightener or other chemicals that you use- such as your shampoo or conditioner. I am allergic to the blue dye in shampoos, and my scalp will itch like crazy if I use a blue shampoo, so perhaps you simply have an allergy to something you are putting on your scalp. But get checked out by a doctor and you'll know for sure. Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 11:07 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• MOST LIKELY THEY ARE SORES FROM EITHER PERMING OR BURNING YOUR SCALP WITH THE HAIR IRONS
    MS.AVON1

Answer by MS.AVON1 at 11:49 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• my son has the scabby bumps it is called semorhic dermititis something like that but he uses a shampoo with t tree oil in it and it works really well for him or that t-fall shampoo it can really get bad when he doesnt use the special shampoo ask somebody at the barber shop well beauty shop they will know if that is what it is i use a straightner and have never had that problem and do only wash my hair every other day i would go just to find out for sure good luck hope this helped. oh my son does not blow dry his hair or use any heat products and has this
    sdeignan

Answer by sdeignan at 12:30 AM on Jul. 8, 2009