• In the Spotlight:

Background check

I need to run a complete background check. I just don't know that I can trust a site, how do I know if it's legit? Anyone know of a site that I can trust?

CarrienKansas

Asked by CarrienKansas at 9:25 AM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Money & Work

• just an idea....do you have a local college, that offers criminal justice. maybe one of the professors or law libraries could help . another idea...you could call a private investigator and ask...maybe they would divulge a source...
    good question!!! id love to know the answer to this as well...hmmmm
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 10:37 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• You cant just go to your local police station. on the internet its not just the site you have to worry about, you have to make sure there arent hackers or spy ware on your computer. thats putting your social all out there....good luck with this!! be careful!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 11:31 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• It depends on what you need to know and why... if it's for business purposes.. there are government programs you can enroll in to help you do this legally. If it's for personal reasons.. then I would talk to a private investigator, to get the information you need.. at least then you know it's done legally.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:03 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Hire Right has been recommended by a couple of people in my one of my networking groups: www.hireright.com

Answer by rkoloms at 6:52 PM on Jul. 3, 2009