If you are married, how long did you date your husband before you got married?

My husband and I just celebrated our 11 year wedding anniversary last Saturday. We dated for exactly 4 years before we got married. We met on June 27,1994 and got married June 27, 1998. There are 2 reasons we waited so long. 1 is I was only 18 when we started dating, and 2 I really wanted to make sure that wanted to marry him. I wanted to do my best to never get divorced. But I know how long you date has nothing to do with how long your marriage will last. My parents dated for only 3 months and they were married for almost 37 years when my daddy passed away last year. My grandparents only dated for like 3 weeks and they were married for 63 years when my maw-maw passed. My husbands parents only went on 2 dates-still married. And his grandparents knew each other for 6 days when they got married. Then I have seen people who dated for years, but then got divorced within 2 years? So how long did you date before marriage?

TeriMelisa

Asked by TeriMelisa at 9:40 AM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• We were very good friends for a yr and a half.......after that.... ...I had actually moved in with him after an incident I endured....were he became my *knight in shining armour*...That's when we were officially a couple :)
    We found out I was preggers a couple months later ( it was a shock to me, being preggers, at first because I have a son from my first marriage and he was 15).....so we got married ....and Today is our
    2 yr wedding anniversary :)
    Yes it was kind of a whirlwind thing...but I LOVE my DH sooooooooooo friggin much...and I KNOW we are menat for each other :)
    jjessers

Answer by jjessers at 11:28 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• 1yr 3months
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 9:42 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• We were together for something like 15 months before the wedding happened. We were together for 4.5 months before we got engaged. We would have gotten married sooner but we wanted his family there and the bulk of them live overseas and had kids in school. So we just waited for summer break for them. Oh, our 15th anniversary in on July 31st.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 9:49 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• secretly a year because I was married to my ex but after divorce maybe 6 months and its been 5 years and were still going strong
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• We had our first date on July 23, moved in together on October 1st,and got married December 5th. All that happened in 1988,and last year, we celebrated 20 years together. When it's right,it's right,and our whilwind has turned into a lifetime of love and devotion!
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 9:51 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• My husband and I have been married for almost 3 yrs and we have a beautiful baby girl who will be 1 in 5 days! We dated from Aug 99 to Oct 06 so like 7 years. But like you we were only 19 when we started dating. So all in all we have been together 10 yrs. wow!!
    melk819

Answer by melk819 at 9:51 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• We never dated. We were engaged for 7 months and 2 days before we got married, but we never dated. We were friends and then he proposed and that was it.
    We've been together for 10 years (on June 5...the day he proposed) and we've been married 9 years (married on January 7, 2000).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:52 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• We dated for ten months before we got married. I was 18 and he was 21. We will be married 31 years in August. 3 daughters and 2 grandkids.
    Mykidsmaid

Answer by Mykidsmaid at 9:58 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• we dated 6 months before we got married. we're still married
    angel_caramel

Answer by angel_caramel at 10:04 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• we dated for 2 years before getting married and we have been married for almost 2 years
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 10:08 AM on Jul. 3, 2009