What do you think of this quote?

"Politics is the attempt to achieve power and prestige without merit."

--P.J. O'Rourke

This is a long (15:37 min), but very well done video, so get yourself a big cup of coffee, sit back and listen ALL the way through (the last minute sums everything up perfectly!) I think you'll gain a new understanding of Libertarianism--which is where I think the majority of Conservative Republicans and Independents tend to lean.

For those who think conservative Republicans and Libertarians are on an "anti-Obama" crusade and should "quit complaining," perhaps after watching this video you'll understand WHY we find so much fault with the Obama Administration (AND previous administrations!)

"Where was the government with Studebaker?"—The best-selling author on bailouts, easy women, the ruination of the U.S. auto industry, and his new book, Driving Like Crazy

http://reason.com/blog/show/134561.html

LoriKeet

Asked by LoriKeet at 10:04 AM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Thank you for that video - it is always refreshing to witness clear thinking about substantial subjects !
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 3:12 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Lori, I am about to get in the car and drive for about 4 hours If I can pull up the bb when I get to my in-laws, I will happily comment ...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:50 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I am having a problem watching the video but I do like PJ O'Rourke. He is a regular on Bill Maher and a very smart, funny man. I don't think the founders intended it but there is a ring of truth to his quote.

I'll see if I can get on DH's pc later to watch the vid.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 11:05 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Iam a libertarian and i think a lot more people are too, they just dont know what it is. I personally dont like Obama OR McCain.
    Anonymous

• He is hilarious. He is always on Bill Maher's show....interesting guy!
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:42 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Thanks grly!

I must say I'm surprised O'Rourke is a regular on Politically Incorrect...I can see where sparring matches between Maher and O' Rourke have the potential to get "interesting!" I might actually have to get a bowl of popcorn and tune in on occasion (can't stand Bill Maher)! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:12 PM on Jul. 3, 2009