sore boobs

ok i just got off my period so no im not pregnant. But my boobs this morning are killing me they were had and i pumped but not much came out and my son dont want to nurse they really freaking hurt. Does anyone know y out of nowhere they hurt so bad and how can i help it?

Lacrisha

Asked by Lacrisha at 10:12 AM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• if you are pumping and nothing happens and your son won't nurse then it sounds like you are either drying up or dried up..try taking a hot shower..it will only help for a little while but it makes a big difference. You may also want to be checked for Mastitis. It is an infection in the breast that causes engorgement and clogged milk ducts. It is very painful and can also make your breast hot to the touch and red.. I hope this helps..look it up on google and see what you think...I would also go to the doctor!!
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 10:35 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Its not mastitis i had it when he was first born and this time its only my left boob. I will take a shower and try to nurse again
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 10:39 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Try a really warm shower/bath and warm compresses. You could be engorged and the warmth can relieve that.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 11:55 AM on Jul. 3, 2009