• In the Spotlight:

vacuums

i need to buy a vacuum. it's my first time buying so does anyone know of a cheap vacuum that is good to pick up heavy duty stuff. we live in the country and track in all kinds of nonsense. plus we just now brought our dog in the house. and my little girl crawls like crazy. and loves to put stuff in her mouth. any ideas?

summerdaile

Asked by summerdaile at 10:20 AM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I have an Eureka 4 in 1. It's really an overgrown dustbuster, but really powerful. We have a border collie, a german shepherd, a chihuahua and a chi-pom in the house and it picks up the hair like you wouldn't believe!. I have tile floors so I don't know how it would work on carpet, but I love mine. The only draw back is that the dust cup is fairly small so it must be emptied often, but other than that, it is ideal for me.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 10:26 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4633929 Have this vacuum and LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! There are four kids (8,4,3 &3) in my house and two dogs a golden retriever and pit bull/boxer mix. This vacuum gets SO much stuff. You will be impressed!
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 12:20 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I finally stopped buying normal house hold vacuums and got a shop vac. The last shop vac I had lasted 7 yrs and was very powerful. My new shop vac is awesome. It's bigger and quiet.
    I have 2 kids and a husband that tracks in everything from his wood/metal shop. Plus the cat that sheds non stop.
    lighthouse98

Answer by lighthouse98 at 12:32 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Get a Kirby. It's worth every penny.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 12:06 AM on Jul. 5, 2009