first baby and....

we have no idea what to buy for it ......so any advice as to what we need to get for the baby and about how much on average it costs total ...... also if there is one key item you thought was really helpful .. THANKS!

firstbaby10

Asked by firstbaby10 at 10:21 AM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• go buy the book what to expect when your expecting. tell yous everything you need to know. then buy what to expect the first year. if i didn't have that book i would have died! it was such a life saver!!!
    summerdaile

Answer by summerdaile at 10:23 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• A sling or front baby carrier. best invention ever.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 10:24 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I think my swing has saved my life and Lots of diapers i told people at my baby shower to bring diapers then i had a drawing for a prize for the people that brought some and I still have diapers and my son is 3 months old. I also made sure i had help. cost wise go to wal mart and add up stuff u think u need
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 10:36 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Besides the essentials like diapers, clothes, crib. I think the most helpful things were a swing, highchair, jungle gym for tummy time. Once the baby is able to sit up at around 6 or 7 months what helped the most was a johnny jump up; they love to bounce lol. Anything else they sell for babies is really a waste of money in my opinion.  Also, I never got a walker for my dd, she learned to walk by 11 months strengthening her legs on the johnny jump up and then pulling up on furniture and push toys. Hope this helped!

Gelijones

Answer by Gelijones at 11:01 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• As far as cost it depends what brand you get. I think Wal-mart is a good place to shop for that type of thing. Baby showers really help!
    Gelijones

Answer by Gelijones at 11:04 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I agree. Go buy What To Expect When You're Expecting. I lived by that book while I was pregnant. Also, go buy Belly Laughs by Jenny McCarthy. It's a hilarious book and will ease your mind a little more about pregnancy. Now onto things you'll need... a swing and walker were my lifesavers. Also, get an exersaucer! It kept my daughter entertained for hours! Make sure you have lots of diapers, too! When you're having a baby shower and people ask what you want, say diapers and wipes! I didn't get enough at mine. I ran out within the first month of my daughter being born. They aren't cheap, that's for sure! And once your baby's here, see if you can find one of those red phones that rattle. My daughter has loved hers since she was born and she's almost 11 months. She still sits on the floor with it and plays.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 11:05 AM on Jul. 3, 2009