Do you cook 3 meals per day?

What do you usually cook for breakfast and lunch?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I cook (or rather grill) dinner every night. We have a hot breakfast on the weekends and lunch is almost always cold, but prepared at home. We eat lots of grilled food in the warmer months and crock pot meals in the colder months. I usually pack a cooler with lunch in it if we are going to be out. For me, its a matter of $ and better nutrition for my family. My kids would love to eat out more, but I cringe at spending $ on eating out.
    teampalmer4

Answer by teampalmer4 at 12:45 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• well for breakfast is a diet dew.. lunch is water and a diet sprite lol then i make dinner
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I usually cook 3 meals on days my DH doesn't work. For breakfast its either waffles or eggs and bacon, for lunch its usually pasta.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 10:30 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Eggs and toast, breakfast burritos, sausage pancakes, quiche, french toast, biscuits and gravy.

I usually make a huge batch on the weekend so that we have enough to eat during the week. I freeze individual servings so I can just pop them in the microwave, and breakfast is ready in two minutes.

For lunch we usually have leftovers, but sometimes I will grill three pounds of chicken and make a huge salad, to have throughout the week. We also have tuna or grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup.

Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 10:35 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• no, we generally just cook one. breakfast is cereal, fruit, and yogurt. lucnh is generally sandwiches, with sides like crackers or cottage cheese, and dinner is the meal we cook. :)
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 10:36 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Hahahahaha *dies*

Sorry, I just don't have enough time or patience to make three meals every single day.
    Breakfast is cereal and coffee. Sometimes I eat oatmeal and blueberries instead of cereal.
    Lunch is sandwiches or whatever we find in the pantry. We do our own thing.
    Sometimes dinner is whatever we find, sometimes I make a stir fry or other recipe.

Our daughter is only six months old, so we still eat like college students, lmao.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:38 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• During the week, breakfast is usually cereal, sometimes frozen waffles or pop tarts, something like that. On weekends, most of the time (although the last few weeks, I haven't) I cook a bigger breakfast, usually corn beef hash with eggs or bacon and pancakes, or sausage gravy with biscuits.

Lunch is usually some chef boyardee, mac & cheese or pb & j or tuna sanwiches, sometimes leftovers. But I don't generally cook it, per se.

Dinner is the one meal I cook every day, except for the occasional (like yesterday) pizza. On the weekend, we skip lunch and eat dinner earlier, say around 2-3 in the afternoon, and then we'll just have a small snack around 7ish in the evening, maybe a bowl of ice cream, a shake, or some nachos if we are really hungry. The big breakfast fill us up, so we eat dinner early, otherwise we'd be eating lunch at 2-3 and then wouldn't eat dinner until 7-8, and that's just too late for a meal for us.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 10:40 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I ACTUALLY COOK MORE THAN3 MEALS CAUSE I LOVE TO COOK N EXPERIMENT
    MS.AVON1

Answer by MS.AVON1 at 10:41 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• i miss the good old days when it was jsut us and i enver had to cook!!! for the first year and a half we ate out every meal!!!

not with 2 kids i have to cook 3 meals a day... lots of dishes that way too!
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 10:44 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Wonderful, those who cook all three meals! Gosh. I admire you. I love a cooked breakfast, but I don't get it, since I don't have time to, nor like to cook first thing in the morning. For us, breakfast is do it yourself, which means a bowl of cereal or a container of yogurt. Sometimes I make buttermilk pancakes, but even when I do this, I make plenty and we reheat the leftovers for most of the rest of the week for breakfast. For lunch it is again do it yourself. My husband takes a dish of yogurt and a piece of fruit for lunch, and I usually have leftovers or cook a couple eggs. Even supper I don't cook every night. I make enough leftovers to have for another supper or two. My husband is very patient with my lack of enthusiasm for cooking. :) and besides, he won't cook, so he is glad for what he gets. :)

Answer by Bmat at 10:50 AM on Jul. 3, 2009