• In the Spotlight:

Hysterectomy pros and cons????

Sceduling a hysterectomy and want to know what the pros and cons are. I will be having everything removed: unterus, ovaries, tubes, and cervix. Will my sexual desires decrease??? They're pretty non exitant as is and don't want hubby to with out completely, poor guy, LOL. Do you really get facial hair??? Gain weight???

Having it due to endo and I just want to live pain free for a change.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Health

• The facial hair doesn't come until AFTER menopause lol. I know. I had to have a complete hysterectomy at an early age and it didn't really change that much for me. The biggest thing I think, is you start menopause earlier than the average woman with all the parts might.
    But remember we all are different. If you have any concerns don't be embarrassed to discuss them before hand with your doctor. Make sure YOU are satisfied with the answers he/she gives. After all, you are paying their salary :).
    Nan_g

Answer by Nan_g at 12:08 PM on Jul. 3, 2009