what should i do???

im leaving today ...won't be back for a week ... so i have 4 fish in my tank .. will they die or will they be fine ... please let me kno :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Pets

• get a cake type fish feeder...you drop it in the tank and they can eat it while youre gone...
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 10:46 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Put extra food, they shoud be fine..but im no expert
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:46 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• i guess i would have asked someone to come feed them for me. i dont know a lot about fish, but i think they over eat if you give them extra food and will actually eat themselves to death. so, if anything, they'll have to not eat after today, til you come back.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I always get a family member or close friend to drop by once a day to feed my fish while I'm out of town. So I really don't know what you would do if you didn't have someone to drop by and feed them for you.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 11:00 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• FOR GOD'S SAKE DON'T "PUT EXTRA FOOD IN THE TANK"!!!

NO, fish DON'T eat themselves to death! If you overfeed them, they actually die from the bacteria of the rotting food in their water that they have to breathe! Get a "vacation feeder" at the pet store or even Walmart, that feeds them for 7 days, because once you put it in the water a little bit dissolves off every day for them to eat. It isn't an ideal situation, but unless you want to hire a fish-sitter, it's okay. (BTW, if you DO hire a "fish-sitter" to feed your fish every day, try to get someone who knows a little bit about fish, because otherwise you will come home to a half a can of fish food in your tank!)
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 11:06 AM on Jul. 3, 2009