Am I the only one that does this???

So, Am I the only one that cant wait until after the date Im supposed to start to test?? I seem to be doing this every month, I cant wait to see if I am late so I buy a test and test a few days before I am supposed to start hoping for an early positive but instead I always get a BIG FAT NEGATIVE and then on the day I am supposed to start AF arrives !!!!! I keep asking myself why I keep wasting this money but every month I do the same thing......Im not going crazy am I???

CadysMom

Asked by CadysMom at 10:50 AM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• NOPE haha I did that too:) I was suposed to wait till sat to test but couldn't help it and tested thurs. This also happens to me every monthLOL I can never wait.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I did it too! I guess that's why the box comes with 2 sticks!
    mschanng

Answer by mschanng at 11:08 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I am some reason no t that way, it seems like I am terrified to know even though I want another child badly. Like right now, I started my clomid back in march. had my period then and in april, but I haven't had a period since april 27th, I have a doctors appt. at the end of the month and I am patiently waiting and I don't know if that is because my daughter is 7 and since I lost my child in 2004 I haven't been able to conceive, and now I hope I am and every month I just wait for a period.
    Anonymous

• i hate to see that negative test. and my cycles are all weird. so i used to test once every three months... just to see, because i wasnt having af at all. now shes around anywhere from 23-41 days. im on day cd35. still havent seen af, and havent taken a test. and i wont until i start getting serious pregnancy symptoms or my cycle goes beyond 45 days. but i'd give just about anything to be pregnant again. i just hate to see that BFN.
    codysmama2609

Answer by codysmama2609 at 12:47 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• No your not the only one. I have donated a ton of money to EPT with my optimism. I just can't wait. The ironic thing is that the month I totally forgot about testing was the month I got pregnant. My husband had to remind me and I took the testing knowing there was no point.

I keep telling myself I will not pee away another 5 bucks on a test I know will be negative, but I just can't help myself. Maybe I'll just starting asking here if I'm pregnant since it's free and it must be accurate since so many people rely on CM to find out they are pregnant!

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 1:04 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• oh i forgot to mention that since i have discovered the $ store pregnancy tests, those are the ones i use. its a dollar a test. and they are accurate. i think they are called new choice or something like that.
    you have to pee in a cup to use the dropper but it sure beats spending all that money on tests... you can put that money away for the baby to come.... :)
    codysmama2609

Answer by codysmama2609 at 2:17 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• like the pp said... DOLLAR STORE PREGNANCY TESTS!
    i did that every month, with great disappointment. the one month i swore i would wait... i tested the day i was due and it was BFP!!!!
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 3:26 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• With my 2nd pregnancy I tested 7 days before my period was due and a faint line popped. With my 3rd, I tested 5 days before it was due and a dark line popped fast.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 4:02 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Omg! I Do The Same Thing!! When i think im pregnant and i always say this month is the month... Then BOOM The negative.,.. i hate waiting to see if im late or not, that takes for ever!! Thats totally normal!! I hate The Negative sign lool,,, I hope you get the lucky possitive (baby Dust) to you!
    BabyStrawberry

Answer by BabyStrawberry at 4:16 PM on Jul. 3, 2009