How to get crayon off a wall!!!

OK so my DD just drew in crayon on my bathroom door. I rent my apt and need to get this out can anyone help?

delilahsmom1177

Asked by delilahsmom1177 at 11:10 AM on Jul. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• There are these AWESOME white sponges at the grocery store . . . they are called something like Magic Erase. They totally work and take off almost any mark on any wall -- unless the mark is because the paint was chipped off the wall. They only cost a few bucks.
    TessLouise

Answer by TessLouise at 11:13 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• magic eraser
    brebear

Answer by brebear at 11:13 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• YEP !! I thought exactly THAT !! Magic erasers, even the generic versions are good.

strongmom40

Answer by strongmom40 at 11:15 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Goo Gone- it is a spray that you buy at Wal-Mart. It is $4 a bottle and it is THE BEST thing for crayon and all sorts of sticky things. My friend has 3 children under the age of 4 that got ahold of crayons and had a field day on her white walls...she tried everything until I told her about this. Now she ALWAYS has this in her house!
    It is seriously the best stuff and wicked cheap!
    SecretSuzy

Answer by SecretSuzy at 11:15 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I was gonna also say Goo Gone, we use it for everything!!
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 11:19 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• white toothpaste or magic eraser

by the way the toddler is old enough to clean it off themselves and undertand that it is not the right thing to do!

they usually do a crummy job cleaning but they get the idea. then you go back over it later. - i know that the toothpaste is ok for toddlers just not sure they should handle any other chemical type substances.

even if you just use a damp paper towel and make them pretend clean it for about 1 or 2 minutes - they will get the message that drawing on walls is a no no
    einubermommy

Answer by einubermommy at 12:01 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Einubermommy see I would do that but my DD would not care she loves to clean. I'm afraid she would do it more just to clean.
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 12:55 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Use a childs hand with a magic eraser. Move hand with magic eraser vigerously over crayon marks, all the while saying "crayons are for paper NOT for walls."
    Anonymous

• Mr. Clean Magic Erasers and some elbow grease. The eraser does great but you have to scrub kind hard sometimes. Goo Gone can be good but we have cheap paint in our house and it will take the pain off to! Learned that the hard way so test it behind a door first.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:23 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Soft scrub will do the trick too :)
    PatriciaofMN

Answer by PatriciaofMN at 2:11 PM on Jul. 3, 2009