Camera

I've asked this question on Gather. The answers are few and sometimes not very helpful. My baby is reaching for everything now. A few days ago he reached for my camera, dropped it and it broke. I need a new camera. Does anyone have any suggestions of what kind of camera I should get? I would like one that allows me to zoom in and take a close enough picture of a bee on a flower, but also zoom out enough that I can read a street sign down the street with my camera. I would also like to take 1 picture right after the other, no delay. A video option would be nice too.

canelaajena

Asked by canelaajena at 11:53 AM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Shopping

• Nikon D40

Will do everything you want except video option..only the 90 has that but it's also expensive and probably has much more than you need. . I'm a photographer so if you have any other questions, let me know.

JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 12:01 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Wow you answered quickly. Thank you. I will take a look at Nikon D40
    canelaajena

Answer by canelaajena at 12:12 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9225288&type=product&id=1218062422506

My friend just got this camera for her birthday and it's amazing!!!!
    It water proof and dust proof-We took it in the pool with us and swam with it and we even took it to the beach and played in the waves with it wrapped around one of our wrists.
    The book says that it could be submerged for 2 hours up to ten feet in the water.
    It's 10 mega pixles and does everything that you listed.
    jocelynvlong

Answer by jocelynvlong at 12:15 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Wow! That's pretty cool. I'm not sure I will be taking pictures underwater, but going to the beach yes and my girls are also on a swim team....so I will have to look at this one too.
    canelaajena

Answer by canelaajena at 12:18 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• We're a Canon family. I noticed the new Canon Rebel takes HD video. That's a pretty cool feature for a digital SLR to have.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 2:52 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Check Consumer Reports Magazine, either at your local library or online.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:10 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Nikon D40 with the removable lens. You can buy high powered lens to go on it and the pictures turn out amazing.
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 12:13 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I have a Nikon D60 awesome camera I love it. If you are looking for something cheaper vivitar has some great cameras that take great pictures. Just a note a lot of people think the bigger mega pixel the better which in some cases yes but you can get just the same pictures with a 5 or a 8 mega pixel that you can get with a 10+mega pixel.
    jenke

Answer by jenke at 3:14 PM on Jul. 4, 2009