Should I stay inside today, or go outside? PLEASE READ DETAILS

I came down with a monster cold last night. I feel horrible this morning. I have a fever due to a sinus infection. My son is two days ahead of me in this illness journey, ans his fever is gone. He wants to play outside so bad! It's going to be pretty hot today, and all I want to do is go lay out in the sun. I want my son to play, and I just want to rest in the sunshine.

Is that a completely WRONG thing to do when you're sick or battling a fever? Or do you think it would help?

I understand you're not doctors, I'm just trying to get other mom's advice and experience.

corbysmom531

Asked by corbysmom531 at 11:59 AM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• go....but DRINK LOTS OF FLUID and make sure your fever doesnt go up....
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 12:29 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Fresh air is wonderful for you when you are sick.

I would go outside.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:06 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• GO! GO! GOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    jocelynvlong

Answer by jocelynvlong at 12:08 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Go outside, the fresh air will be good for you. I'd go outside here if it wasn't raining for the 4th day in a row.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 12:08 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• yes, I would go rest outside, but maybe in the shade and bring lots and lots of water to stay hydrated!!!
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 12:08 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Definitely enjoy the sunshines. Precious333 is right, though, stay hydrated! Bring a big glass of ice water outside with you & slice some lemon or lime to enjoy in it. It will make you feel all tropical!
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 12:12 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Go outside. the fresh air will do you some good, plus you'd just be sitting in your germs inside all day. Drink LOTS of water. You and your son.
    Anonymous

• the fresh air is good.. but try to stay in more shaded areas and drink PLENTY of water/fluids..

on vacationhope you feel better

xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:41 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Thank you all for your answers! My son and I just came back in. I decided not to go to a park because I didn't want to chase him, and we don't really have a yard, so I sat in a chair in our driveway while he played on his bike and skateboard. I do actually feel better. I just didn't want to feel worse!
    corbysmom531

Answer by corbysmom531 at 2:51 PM on Jul. 3, 2009