Dry and damaged hair

So Does anyone know how I can get my hair smooth? I try the shampoo's and It seems like nothing works. My hair is dry and very damaged. I use a straightner on it alot. I just can't get it to be smooth anymore, does anyone know anything I can use for it to be smooth that won't make it greasy looking???

proud_mommy1322

Asked by proud_mommy1322 at 12:03 PM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• First of all, go out and buy a heat protection spray if you're going to straighten it anymore. It takes a toll on your hair when you use heat with no heat protection. I know Tresemme (ooh la la! hahaha) makes a heat protection spray, that's what I use.

You also need to condition it every day, especially the ends of your hair. And if you can, get a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:07 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• WHEN YOUR DONE SHAMPOOING UR HAIR LET CONDITIONER SIT IN FOR 5 MINUTES OR SO THEN DON'T USE UR STRAIGHTNER ALOT CAUSE THAT DAMAGES YOUR HAIR DUE 2 THE HEAT,IF YOU DO CHOOSE TO USE THAT GET HEAT PROTECTION SPRAY FOR YOUR HAIR BEFORE APPLYING THE STRAIGHTNER OR BLOW DRYER
    MS.AVON1

Answer by MS.AVON1 at 12:07 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• OH and try not to leave the flat iron on your hair at any point. Just swipe it through quickly, don't let it sit on your hair like a curling iron would. And if you blowdry it, keep the heat setting on warm or cool.

The more heat you apply to your hair, the drier it'll be.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:09 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I recommend using Bio-Silk Silk Therapy. Apply it before you brush your hair when wet and a little after before you style it. It's the only thing that ever worked for me.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:11 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• bio silk is really good. but also you need a shampoo that doesn't lather. when it lathers it its really taking away the nutrients.My cousin is a hair stylist in L.A. so I really listen to her. also heat protective spray for ur str8ner. but if bio-silk is too much you don't have to buy just that brand, bedhead has a really good one and it cost more then less of bio-silk
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 12:20 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• also if you goolge it you can find some ways to do it at home.with products in ur kitchen.thats what I do
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 12:21 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• It sounds like your hair is overprocessed or damaged from all the straightening. Stop using any heat on it if you can. Wash your hair at night, and make sure you use a good moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. Once a week, use a raw egg yolk, olive oil, and aloe vera gel mixed together on your scalp and leave it on for like an hour. Rinse, Wash, Rinse Condition, Rinse with cool water. It'll take a little time, but it's the only way other than cutting out the dry, damaged areas.
    Remember, try to not use a hairdryer or straighening iron or anything if you can help it. Also, be cafeful of the hairspray and products you use. Don't use anything with alcohol in it. That will only dry it out more. Good Luck...let me know how well this works for you....
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 12:19 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I think you can order this amazing conditioner called Coochy Cream online. It's like $8 a bottle and works for shaving your legs and conditioning your hair. It is AWESOME. Main and Tail works pretty good too, it's available in the pet section at Wal-Mart. When you shampoo your hair, just shampoo the roots and then rinse. Then when you condition just condition below the roots. I forget where I learned that, but it helps me with both volume and smoothness. I finally gave up on using a flat-iron or a blow dryer unless I'm going out on a date or something because of all the damage those two were doing to my hair.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 8:26 PM on Jul. 4, 2009