President Obama and smoking.

Since President Obama has admitted he is a smoker, does that change your view on him? I know many are anti-smoking and I wonder if it makes a difference to you. My opinion- does not matter to me. I think its kinda funny that he said he made a mistake by saying he would quit, he just started being POTUS, wrong time to try and quit anything huh?

teampalmer4

Asked by teampalmer4 at 12:18 PM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think it's hilarious that he signed the 'most comprehensive anti-tobacco policy in history' while being a smoker.

I just picture him there with a ciggy in his hand signing a bill about how bad they are and crack up.

But no, I don't really care.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:42 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• No. He says he's trying to quit and I believe him. Smoking is a very hard habit to break for some. I can only imagine that it's a thousand times harder because he has the weight of the nation on his shoulders.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 12:19 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• No, his smoking habit doesn't change my opinion of him.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:20 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I could careless that he smokes.What I care about is what he is doing to this country.Although,I hope he keeps on puffing matter of fact he needs to up the anti and hot box those cancer sticks.
    Anonymous

• No, I still think he is the worst thing that has ever happened to this country,and will continue to drag us into the depths of hell, as he has already proven he's in over his head, has no clue what he's doing,and is too big an ego maniac to admit it. If he wants to poison his lungs and kill himself smoking, that's up to him. I just worry about how he's poisoning this country,and killing us all under the burden of the garbage he's heaping on us!
    Anonymous

• And there I went thinking this was a question about him smoking, not an opinion about policy.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:42 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• The fact that he smokes doesn't bother me - until, he starts wanting a say about everyone else's healthcare. Beams and motes comes to mind.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:59 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Smoker my tooshie. I would love to be able to get away with what he smokes a day instead of a pack or more.
    Anonymous

• Smoking like all addictions just shows how weak minded the person is. They allow something to control them and usually are too weak or don't care to fight it. My husband quit smoking last year it wasn't easy but it did it. He hated that a cigarette ruled our family. Everything was around his smoking so we were limited on where we could go. If it was a place where he could not smoke he did not go. I was sick of doing so much without him. He finally got the strength to quit. After a couple weeks he commented that he did not realize how good things tasted and how wonderful the fresh flowers I put in our home smelled. He went from couch potato to training for a marathon. I would think our President would want to give the people who voted for him his best but I guess Obama doesn't really care about that.
    Anonymous

• No, I still think he is the worst thing that has ever happened to this country,and will continue to drag us into the depths of hell, as he has already proven he's in over his head, has no clue what he's doing,and is too big an ego maniac to admit it. If he wants to poison his lungs and kill himself smoking, that's up to him. I just worry about how he's poisoning this country,and killing us all under the burden of the garbage he's heaping on

Bush was no better.

Anonymous