How do you "brand" your afiilaite link to make people want to click and join?

I am confused as what people mean when they say you need to "brand" your link. Any help or suggestions??

SweetKYmom

Asked by SweetKYmom at 12:26 PM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Money & Work

• Awwha! This is what I do for a living...LOL! Finally a question I can help with. First you need to understand "BRANDING" Branding is making what your business represents "POP" with a one word, phrase, or logo that the consumer will recognize upon instant site. Its also something about yourself that gives you company or product life. If i say NIKI...you automatically think shoes/sports wear! Paula Deen...cooking. Betty Crocker...cake mixes..Cricket phones...green couch!

Check out your competitors see what they are doing for branding...then try to do something totally different but relative to your company &/or product. Be creative...make a list...

example: a friend that I helped with her new coffee shoppe. Shes also Christian and wanted to proclaim that somehow. Her shop sits on a corner of two very busy streets. NICE location! we designed a sign that had 3 "C's" and a small S stacked on top of each other. continued
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 1:06 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• continued... the top" C"..was slightly lighter. The next "C" a little darker the next "C" little darker with a cup of coffee nestled in the "C"s the hooked on one of the last "C" we put a tiny "S"...That was her LOGO... people would recognize her shop The words read next to it was The Christian Corner Coffee Shoppe....
    She branded it with the triple "C's" & by being a shoppe on the corner, selling coffee, with a touch of the personality of the owner.
    Simple and catchy!
    Please dont misunderstand...branding is not advertising....its recognition! Then advertising! Advertising is selling yourself or product after you have made aware to the oublic "who" you are....
    :-) I hope this helps......
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 1:16 PM on Jul. 3, 2009