What commercials make you turn the channel,as soon as they come on?

For me, it has to be ANYTHING having to do with "male enhancement." I CANNOT stand those "smilin bob" commercials! UGH! And, anything to do with "genital herpes." If I were an actress, I don't care if I had to live under the freeway off-ramp, I would not lower myself to be associated with being in a genital herpes commercial. Oh,and I can't tolerate those new McDonald's commercials,either. SO annoying! I'm sure I'll think of some more later,but for now, that's my rant.

stvmen88

Asked by stvmen88 at 12:36 PM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• That one about the girl who lost the weight and can play football, she makes me cringe. Also there is one that I saw recently and fortunately got it off before it had played the whole thing - it was grotesque- I even sent an email to the station and complained, and didn't hear back from the station. But I told them I wouldn't be watching their channel for a while- History International. The ad was by some animal protection group (and more power to them, really, but I don't want to have animal abuse shoved in my face) and showed animals actively being abused- it was horrible and I won't describe it because there is no point upsetting you all.

Answer by Bmat at 12:40 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• BEEP BEEP DOT COM, BEEP BEEP DOT COM!!!!! LOOKING FOR A NEW CAR.....! BEEP BEEP DOT COM!!!
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 12:42 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I don't blame you. That sounds like one I'd of complained about too! I know what you mean. ANY of those about weight loss are so unrealistic, it's ridiculous. Like using their diet is going to make us all look like an airbrushed supermodel! Absurd.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 12:42 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• there are a few i hate.. .but in the past couple months.. almost all commercials annoy me and i just use my dvr for everything. i'll dvr something, switch channels then go back adn forth or do something for a while then i can watch it without commercials when it's convenient for me.
    batsonsgirl

Answer by batsonsgirl at 12:43 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Idk who he is, but the guy from Matress Ranch.. he does this little jig with a handful of $ and dances to a song he made up!!! OR "go see call, go see cal, go see cal!" LOL my husband turns the channel right away and sometimes, on they radio they are on EVERY CHANNEL. He gets sooo mad he turns of the radio. LOL
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 12:44 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• "The best car insurance rates in town, call 1-800-GENERAL NOW!!!!!!!!"

Anything having to do with getting a free credit report. (which is not really free, I was scammed by those asswipes.)

Anything having to do with sloughing off dead skin from your feet, knees, or elbows. (ped egg)

Anything having to do with removing dark hair from your legs, arms, upper lip, or bikini area. (smooth away)

Anything having to do with toe fungus.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:46 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• None, I didn't know people did that. I just sit through them, they are at most a minute and I don't want to miss my show when if comes back on... Plus, I don't have a remote, I would have to get up and go change it.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:48 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• haha lilmama are you in Alaska?! cause i use to live there & those commercials are ingrained in my head forever!! along with the Mattress man's dance...

here in OK we have the most annoying commercial ever. all it is is the owner of Edmond Hyundai saying Edmond Hyundai to the tune of "the Flight of the Bumblebee". and its a little off key.

i also can not stand the Subway commercials w/ the stupid chic "rapping" the $5 footlong song ...THATS NOT A TALENT (i scream that at the TV everytime). also, the man who sings the song all drawn out & claps...he's AWFUL! i dont understand why they didnt have the Gospel choir or the women's group do the long commercials...dumb!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:52 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• 5......
    5 dollar........
    5 dollar foot long!!!!!!!!!! GRRRRRRRR!! I HATE IT!
    Anonymous_J

Answer by Anonymous_J at 1:03 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Any EHarmony commercial but especially the one with Lee and Ann Marie.
    violaswamp

Answer by violaswamp at 1:05 PM on Jul. 3, 2009