Please help answer my question!

My first baby is due in like 5 weeks and i have no idea what items i need. I have onsies and other clothes I have crib bassinet and carseat but I dont know what littel things i will need. I know diappears. Could you please tell me what all i will need. Thankyou

newmom183

Asked by newmom183 at 12:53 PM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• gasdrops, bottles/fornula, burp rags, receiving blanket, soap, lotion, wipes, butt paste, baby tub, pjs, paci,
    EthansMommy5

Answer by EthansMommy5 at 12:55 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• do you plan on nursing? nursing pad, nipple cream, and a boppy works wonders for that. I never had enough burp cloths. how about things like a thermometer, nail clippers, baby lotion/wash. I know there are lists online, huggies would send them to me all the time. Oh I also liked those swaddler blankets.
    newmama008

Answer by newmama008 at 12:57 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• You "need" alot less than you think you do. What are you going to do about feeding? If you're going to breastfeed you might want to get a pump (even a cheap hand pump) and a couple of bottles so dad can bottle feed after the first couple of weeks. If not you need formula and bottles. But don't buy too many bottles because sometimes babies are picky about nipples and you can get more when you know what he or she likes. Get a couple of small towels and baby wash cloths are nice and soft. You also need a few receiving blankets. Plus a diaper bag.  Also a rectal thermometer.  That's all I can think of right now.

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 12:59 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• for the first couple of week you will need many diapers as possible, burp clothes, bottles, blankets,stuff for bathing the baby, and oh yea something that rocks and plays music! good luck
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 1:31 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• go to babyzone.com they have a checklist
    luvbnmomnwife

Answer by luvbnmomnwife at 3:08 PM on Jul. 3, 2009