Stress Fracture?

I had a little too much energy the other day and ended up doing gymnastics with my kids. The next morning I stepped down on my foot and had a sharp pain on the outside of my left foot, but it wasn't constant. Now for the past few days I have a pain in the top of my foot, it's a bit swollen and very tender to the touch with very minimal bruising. Walking around the house isn't TOO painful, but walking down the stairs is horrible.

Could it be a stress fracture? I don't have medical coverage at the moment and I can't afford a huge doctor bill, otherwise I'd go in.

DaffysDoll

Asked by DaffysDoll at 1:26 PM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Health

• It sounds more like a sprain, but I'm not in the medical field and am just guessing.It could well be a fracture. It is recommended for some injuries to put ice on for about 20 minutes at a time. You should get it checked.

Answer by Bmat at 1:37 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Google "Community Health Centers" to find the master Web site of government-run health clinics that will see anyone, regardless of their ability to pay. You can drill down to find the location of a clinic near you.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:55 PM on Jul. 3, 2009