What is your overall advice for parenting children of all ages?

Enjoy!!

Maybe because I didnt have children until my late thirties, but I feel like I really appreciate my children in a more mellow way than a lot of younger moms!

I noticed that so many younger moms (probably because they have more energy !) (and some older moms) they worry about so many unimportant things and they have such stong opinions about the way their child should behave that they seemed to me to be too worried about the way the world percieves their child. so her goes ....

just enjoy your child.... ignore comments of strangers, teachers, friends, and just have the utmost love and respect for your child, talk to them, sing to them, gently prod them to considerate social behavior and just enjoy all the years your are guiding and forming them into beautiful, responsible and loving human beings.

If you try to make your child into something you think they should be ..... you miss who they are.

einubermommy

Asked by einubermommy at 1:27 PM on Jul. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• My biggest thing is. . .don't overreact. If you need to take a minute, or an hour, to figure things out, the world will not end.

This doesn't apply to first aid situations, but you should always remain calm.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:33 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Loving angels

very good advice as truly many things are just really not that big of a "thing" unless a parent chooses to make it so.

and everything is an opportunity to teach your child.

you are wise!
    einubermommy

Answer by einubermommy at 1:50 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Trust your gut. Deep down you know what's best- go with that.
    Don't hesitate to ask for help (from reputable sources)
    SwiftFolk

Answer by SwiftFolk at 2:50 PM on Jul. 3, 2009