Swim diapers?

I'm wondering, swim diapers don't actually absorb, right? They are just to hold in poo, right? (I'm on my first kid so give me a break! lol) So since I use cloth diapers, can't I just use one of her covers with out an insert in it?

DirtyMonkey

Asked by DirtyMonkey at 1:33 PM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, you can just use cloth diapers in place of a swim diaper. They are meant to replace disposable ones which do not hold up to getting wet like that. Cloth ones are fine for the beach.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:34 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Swim diapers do absorb. Do NOT use cloth diapers! They can leak even with the plastic cover and that is disgusting. You want to swim in peed water or have someone else do so? That's nasty. Invest in the swim diapers. They DO hold up well. Used them with 3 kids.

Anonymous

• Um.... I don't use plastic pants. They are basically like a disposable but cloth! They do not leak!! Second, we are going to be in a river. I think the last thing I need to worry about swimming in is baby pee water. lol But, thanks any way!
    DirtyMonkey

Answer by DirtyMonkey at 1:59 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Swim diapers do not absorb- flat out. I actually had to use one in a pinch- not bueno. Honestly- I use the regular swim suits and nothing but. With that said- we do not swim in public pools and the water gets dumped every night. We have not had a poo accident yet and urine is actually a sterile liquid. If the gross factor is too much- I'd go for the little swimmers. They're fairly in expensive. Save your cloth diapers for dry land.
    SwiftFolk

Answer by SwiftFolk at 2:40 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Um I've been peed on many MANY times with the swim diapers, every brand. Use the cloth one, you're wasting your money buying those.
    YoungTwinMommy

Answer by YoungTwinMommy at 3:35 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• OMG! PEE IN A POOL! What a horrible notion! Seriously, Anon, if you actually think you've ever been to a pool that any kid has been in & there is no pee in it, you're delusional. I think, by law, a public pool has to be 10% urine! DirtyMonkey, disposable swim diapers suck, worse that regular disposables. I didn't want to put my cloth diapers in the pool with the chemicals so I got a reusable swim diaper. But in the river, your regular cloth diapers would work. I always let mine go naked in the river! Give them some air out time.

carlye828

Answer by carlye828 at 11:57 PM on Jul. 3, 2009