opinions please... what do you think?

So my boyfriend works a full time job all week.
I dont work right now but i am however a stay at home mom.
We recently moved into seperate apartments and I think since I have my babygirl ALL week day and night, he should take her friday after work, till sunday night before work.
He thinks this is not fair.
He thinks because Im not working that I dont deserve that break either. But the whole point to this is so he has visitation with his daughter..
not who gets a chance to go out and party or whatever.
I am asking for personal opinions of single mothers out there, how do you work visitation out, or whats your opinion.

BayB

Asked by BayB at 1:49 PM on Jul. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• So you are expecting him to have her all weekend long every weekend? That's not fair, dear. Rotate it everyother weekend, etc. But expecting to have each weekend off (since you are a SAHM) is not the way it works; SAHM's never get a day off.
    Anonymous

• I don't think every weekend from Fri to Sun is fair. What about him having her after work a couple nights a week (depending on what time he gets off) and then you having her one weekend and then him the next. My Sister used to do that to her ex Boyfriend b/c she was immature and didn't want him to go out. That's kind of what it sounds like to me IMO.
    Anonymous

• i guess thats part of it he is so retarded when he goes out.
    He gets drunk, and does stupid things that could get him in jail.
    Last weekened he wanted to party so bad that he was about to take our 5 month old to a huge drinking party, he was mad at me because I said hell no. And he made me take her so he could.
    BayB

Answer by BayB at 2:00 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Why would you want to send your daughter to spend time with a loser, find a friend aor babaysitter to watch her if you need a time out.
    Anonymous

• If he wants to party so bad and is willing to take his baby with him than maybe he doesn't need to have her on the weekends. So maybe just during the week sometimes so you can get a break.
    Anonymous

• i dont have any choice. He is her father, he will fight for custody if i did that, and at least get visitation rights if not more anyway.
    BayB

Answer by BayB at 2:06 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Girl, if he has that baby every weekend he is going to end up taking her somewhere dangerous so that he can go party. I would be terrified of the thought of him having her all the time. What if he has a few too many beers and DRIVES A CAR WITH HER IN IT! Geez....geez. I have chills now.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 2:06 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• My kids dad had the kids for the first day in a month on a saturday night. What did he do? Get drunk & have a party with our 2 year old & 4 year old there. My daughter told me about it the next day when I picked them up. Believe me I was pissed!!! He couldn't stop drinking for one night to be with his kids? Well, then guess what he dosen't need to take them if he can't fit them in his schedule. So if I wanna go out I get a babysitter! Try it you will feel better. Kids will be safe too. It's unfair to ask him to watch the kid every weekend so you can have every weekend off. Come up w/a middle ground...every other weekend...something.
    jfblaine

Answer by jfblaine at 2:06 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Thats his problem though, I cant give her to him during the week because hes like i can handle her im tired, and need to rest. He just wont take her. And he has excuses why he cant take her on the weekeneds. Wtf am I sopposed to do?
    BayB

Answer by BayB at 2:08 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• SO its your ex.. not your boyfriend right? I think every other weekend sounds fair and why don't you get a job working 2nd shift so he can have her in the evenings and you can make some money.
    Anonymous