Fever of unknown origin,for 7 months.. whats next?

If infectious disease cannot find out the reason for fever of unknown origin, and general family doctor cannot. What is the next step?
I have been sick since december when giving birth to my son... 7 months ago. Running higher temps of 99 to 100. and while it isn't a HIGH fever it has me feeling really-- REALLY run down. The only thing that came back a little high was my sed rate of 29, which my doctor said could happen just because I am a women. Alto of times I just want to sleep, because I am so tired. I want to do things but am so wiped out from feeling sick all the time.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:52 PM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Health

• The only thing I can think of is some kind of auto-immune disease. People with Rheumatoid Arthritis run low grade fevers.The dry eyes made me think of Sorjens (sp?) Syndrome, another autoimmune.Its pronounced show-grin. Good luck
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 4:18 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• ***FROM OP***
    my symptoms are :
    seeing double, every now and then when focusing on one thing, things in the background go double.
    general achy Ness that comes and goes
    dry eyes
    slow healing,
    skin changes-- little bumps etc that come and go.
    feet turned blue for the first time yesterday, along with wrist swelling- looks okay today but doctor has no answer what so ever for why it could have happened
    Anonymous

• ***FROM OP***
    blood cultures -recently
    head ct- done in feb
    Lyme's test
    Vaginal exams,
    Abdominal and vaginal ultra sounds
    Breast mamogram to check implant- came back normal was told that I would need an mri to know for sure if implant has ruptured

the only other thing I really have going on that hasn't gone away, i have had a infected hair follicle in my groin area that has been there for the past 5 months, i took clindamycin for it twice, and have been using bacroban, it goes away almost the whole way then comes back again. i am going to be seeing about a dermatologist soon. i am curious to see if anyone has any answer no matter how far fetched, that could be causing my low grade fever and extreme tiredness

from what I read it could be cancer, but I am not sure how else they would test for something like that. I am so sick of going from doctor to doctor, and still feeling like this!
    Anonymous

• I also had done

Abdomen ct
    chest ct
    Anonymous

• Sjogren syndrome lol that's how its spelled
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 4:25 AM on Jul. 4, 2009