Ok, I need a great recipe

Ok, my hubby is working today, even though he's not suppose to (but he has a deadline that he has to meet and he's working today)...I really want to cook something great for him. I'm a southern lady, so I have comfort foods.
I was thinking about hashbrown casserole, but I need other stuff to go with it. Let me tell you what's in it and PLEASE come up with some recipes (and how to make them for me)...thanks a bunch!

Hash browns
shredded cheese
onion
cream of celery soup
1/2 cup sour cream
bacon bits

Combine all the stuff together, baked for an hour and TADA...it's delicious! Please help me with other stuff!

Chloesmom1126

Asked by Chloesmom1126 at 1:56 PM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Pork chips or roast chicken. Biscuits. green beans with some bacon in them. or cabbage with some ham or bacon. A tossed salad. Applesauce or fruit salad.

Answer by Bmat at 1:57 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• you can't go wrong with classic mashed potatoes maybe ad a garlic or buttermilk twist?
    WildChild4487

Answer by WildChild4487 at 2:04 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• If you're Southern, you can't go wrong with fried chicken. Seriously. That and bacon are what kept me from being a strict vegetarian.
    feministmama

Answer by feministmama at 2:24 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Yep, fried chicken, green beans in a crockpot with bacon and onions..season to taste and I would serve your hashbrown or garlic mashed potatoes with chicken gravey. My husband was born and raised in Flordia deep redneck area. They always like blackeyes beans or navy beans with pigs feet or pig tails served with collard greens. But sometimes pig feet has to be served in some kind of southern juice..my husband gets it at the store that serves pickle eggs it is a red see-thru juice. Have no clue to what it is called. But we also serve the pot o'pigs...just collard greens, pig tails, bacon and ham season to taste with cornbread. I found a way that is just like southern cornbread that they call sweet bread to fix it. I am from Ohio but cooking southern I had to learn many tricks to fix it like their mommies used to make it...grr.
    BrknWingAngel

Answer by BrknWingAngel at 3:05 PM on Jul. 3, 2009