HOW DARE YOU????

How dare you sit at home in your perfectly climate-controlled home with every luxury known to Western civilization at hand and critisize our troops? You do not have the patriotism or courage to fight for your country, but you bash our husbands and sons and other loved ones who VOLUNTEER of their own free will to lay their lives and bodies on the line for your freedom for months at a time, sometimes over and over for repeated deployments, just to come back and hear some of you saying they were too dumb to get into college any other way, or they wanted a free ride. As the mother of an amputee from the war in Iraq, I can tell you, some of you make me ashamed to call you my fellow citizens. You should be down on your knees thanking them for doing a job you are too cowardly to do and too craven to even support the ones who do it for you. Can you bother to think about them tomorrow?

pagan_mama

Asked by pagan_mama at 2:15 PM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• you rockclappingThat just made me tear up. That is the truth. People are ignorant. It dumbfounds me. While some people do do this because they don't know what else to with their life, they are still giving their lives for us. And there are fathers and mothers away from their spouses and their children. YES, tell your son we all said thanks! They are far too unappreciated!!!!!

*Lord, bless the troops and look after them and their families!*

amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 2:28 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• What sparked this post?
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 2:17 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• who is bashing girl and by the hi hon
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 2:17 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• i don't know where this came from...lol...but i agree
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 2:18 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• patrioticLIKE IT     LOVE IT     OR      LEAVE IT

Anonymous

• you rockclappingSend a thank you to your son! We all should be thankful to each and every person who serves.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 2:18 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• armynavymarinesair forcecoast guardTHEY ARE RISKING THERE LIFES FOR US   EITHER BACK THEM UP OR KEEP YOUR F@@@ING MOUTH SHOUT

nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 2:20 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Ignore them and listen to those who have some sense! There are so many of us who support our troops, the others are like children who get mad when parents try to protect them from danger!
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 2:20 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I agree but I have friends that didn't want to go to college so they joined the Army because they needed to make money, but I agree that they do put their life at risk no matter what their reason is for going.
    VasquezFamily

Answer by VasquezFamily at 2:22 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• clappingwell said....i agree

rubipresiosa1

Answer by rubipresiosa1 at 2:28 PM on Jul. 3, 2009