HORRIBLE MOMS!

How many moms will admit, they use the TV as a "baby sitter?" Do you put on cartoons or a movie so you can get online, or sleep? You can post anon so you dont get nasty messages, or if you are embarassed like me!~ lol (im not calling you bad moms...just a good title)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:21 PM on Jul. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• hey.. you know my son will be playing or doing his thing and i'm online.. but i'm still paying attention to him.. and i'm ONLINE ALOT!! just because where in a new city in which i havent found any good friends we use to go to the park alot but he beats up kids so we dont no morel ol.. he plays outside andi 'll sit their with him.. my son is very hyper active and he wont sit still for tv.. so he doesnt even watch it! :d
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 2:23 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I clean while they watch TV but my kids learn a lot from the only channel I let them watch. My son just turned 2 and he can count to 5 because they do songs in between cartoons and he learned that way, he also knows most of the ABC's and he knows what boots are, the sky, every body part, certain animals so I don't mind them watching TV as long as it's noggin. Anyways sometimes I sit down and watch with them, we sing the songs together, we yell at the TV to answer questions, it's actually a useful tool that helps my kids learn.
    Anonymous

• Umm no, I dont use Tv as babysitter. I let him watch tv as he falls asleep at night just becasue he has become accustomed to it. But Im always paying attention to him, Like right now Im online and he's playing with his train table in his room, The TV is on and he isnt paying any attention to it.
    cainesmama

Answer by cainesmama at 2:27 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I use the tv when I need a break- usually during the first cup of coffee and when I cook dinner. It's always on in the background but I'm typically really hands on with my kids.
    SwiftFolk

Answer by SwiftFolk at 2:29 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• O.K. I admit it! we are a T.V. family! I do monitor what my kids watch and they've been watching since they were in a baby swing. My dd is 22 and doesn't even watch T.V. anymore and my ds, age 12, watches discovery channel and sometimes Nickelodeon. BUT, he also plays the guitar, makes stop motion movies on the computer, gets good grades, swims everyday, and jumps on his trampoline.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 2:29 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• My kids do not want to be with me every minute, in many cases they want to watch TV, so maybe they are horrible kids. LOL ;)
    teampalmer4

Answer by teampalmer4 at 2:32 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• As long as they are watching educational television, there is nothing wrong with it. My child is not interested in TV right now just the remote lol.

Anonymous

• actually, my kids are always asking if they can watch T.V. and I'm the one always saying no, not right now... you should play a game, play with your toys or go outside and gets some exercise.... I'm not much of a T.V. person. I'm online off and on all day, but I always attend to my children's needs or wants, if their wants are within reason.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 2:41 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Nope, but it is a sort of punishment sometimes for us! Like today when he didn't want to listen to me at the store and decided to have a tantrum instead, we came home and he had two choices, watch TV or play in his room. Either way, we were not going to do the activities we had already planned (swimming) due to his behavior at the store. And I was still too angry to interact with him, so he didn't get to play with me either. So he watched TV while I read a book, so we both had time to cool off. Then, of course, he fell asleep. After he wakes up, we'll try again with the listening ears.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 3:00 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I put on a movie for quiet time before naps, and hop online to check my messages. Nothing wrong with that they are still in eye sight and not getting hurt.

EarthMama05

Answer by EarthMama05 at 3:50 PM on Jul. 3, 2009