Help! I am desperate!

Have any of you tried laxatives to lose weight? I did once and lost about 40lbs in 6 months......did you lose weight? Any other ways that dont involve starving, or vomiting? I KNOW ITS NOT HEALTHY but ive got to do something!!!!!!!!! I dont need lectures!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:24 PM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I had an eating disorder growing up and the laxative thing scares the heck out of me. I would highly recommend Wii's My fitness coach. I gained 80lbs with pregnancy and have lost a lot with that. I hate the gym and hate dieting. Good luck!
    SwiftFolk

Answer by SwiftFolk at 2:27 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• That is always a difficult situation. I think the thing that has helped me the most is getting lots of exercise. I eat a ton. I eat more than most people I know. However, I eat healthy foods. Foods low in grease and partially hydrogenated oils. This seems to help me. I think running is a very good way to get exercise because it doesn't cost money. It's always nice if you can find a running buddy. Good luck!
    Jeanere

Answer by Jeanere at 2:30 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• LOL that is what I am doing right now and water pills, I'm doing great so far, but I'm exercising as well and some what dieting(not extreme) I am doing the laxatives to get rid of the old stuff and to begin new and the water pills to get rid of my water weight. I'm only going to do it for 1 month because that is the suggested use for getting rid of the old stuff.
    Anonymous

• no I have not done that bc it sounds silly. I lost 50 lbs by doing very little. i'm lazy but I did change my eating habits (got rid of junk and refined sugar and soft drinks, started eating more fish and less red meat, eat more fruit and veggies, quit eating at fast food places, drink lots of water) and began lifting 2 lb weights while sitting on my butt reading a book. No sweat and didn't have to make extra time in my day for anything. While watching a movie I could use bands to stretch. NO Aerobics, that's for cardio not for weight loss. So I'm saying that you can get better results by just changing a few things and not harming yourself. not bashing, just saying

Answer by admckenzie at 2:38 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I DIDNT KNOW THEY MAKE U LOSE WEIGHT, I KNOW THEY MAKE U SICK IF U TAKE 2 MANY.
    MS.AVON1

Answer by MS.AVON1 at 3:01 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• no lectures..but try this...change your way of eating...8 oz of glass of waters daily...breakfast is where you can cheat...eat whole wheat, 3 oz lean meats...chicken, fish...stay away from anything white..sugar etc...eat 8 veggies, fruits...1 serving ok don't go eat all 8 at once...spread it out during the day...keep a food journal...times and what you eat...nuts are great and I call this the crazy 8's. Don't forget to add an exercise program. Losing weight isn't easy. It's a long term goal. No shortcuts. so when you get up...eat breakfast...9 am eat a fruit 12 eat light lunch 2 eat another fruit...drink 8 glasses of water...5 eat dinner..small portions...and remember if you fall off your diet, forgive yourself...it will come...but you must do the work...good luck
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 4:38 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• taking laxatives only helps you lose weight at first, then you put the weight right back on so your just going in circles. And with water weight pills they can give you headaches if you dont drink enough water. Just eat healthy, dont eat crap and excersize. And remember, losing weight isnt just a diet, it has to be a lifestyle change.
    Anonymous

• OP~ Your not really correct, I lost a lot of weight on laxatives over 2 years ago....I have not gained it back!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I would suggest a herbal clense. If you want a recommendation on which one let me know.
    Advocare_Mom

Answer by Advocare_Mom at 3:49 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Thats really stupid and being lazy. Laxatives are not the answer.
    Anonymous