is there a toddler boot camp? JEEZ!

My ds has been pushing my buttons the past 2 weeks, saying no, running away, throwing toys, and he drew the line today when he BIT his sister!! he hasn't bit since he was 9 freakin months!! I'm on my last nerve!! any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:26 PM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Toddler bootcamp will have to be his bedroom!! I would not stand for that & my kids know it. I'm all for good fun, running around acting crazy. But he's a kid he's just learning his bounderies & you need to let him know early what they are. My son had his time out chair, started in his bedroom but had to move the chair to the hallway 'cause he would just get down & play with toys. No keep him where you can see him & make him sit. After the tears, the tantrum, whatever it is he does when he's in trouble passes, and he clams down. Then talk to him. I did this with both of my kids when they got to the stage of no & tantrums. It takes time but as long as you stick to your guns then they get the idea. When a kid is in the mist of acting out there's not much reasoning...so it's usually best for them to be alone in a safe place and talk when the storm passes.
    jfblaine

Answer by jfblaine at 2:29 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Oh girl I feel you here, My son is on my very last nerve this past couple of weeks, he's 2 and thinks he knows everyhting and can do everything on his own. Thats when you send them to their godparents house for a few nights, Haha Caine's Nina puts him in his place, thats what I call toddler boot camp. Send them to a stern family member to punk them just a little.
    cainesmama

Answer by cainesmama at 2:30 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• op here- oh he doesn't throw temper tantrums (knock on wood) so i'm lucky there. he just thinks it's funny to do everything i listed above. I wish i HAD someone to drop him off with, but we're military so we don't really have family around here. and my military family are normaly too busy with kids of their own. *sigh*
    Anonymous

• Sign me up !!! Please!!
    TaterbugPBJ

Answer by TaterbugPBJ at 6:29 PM on Jul. 3, 2009