How Far a long were you when you developed your breast milk?

Did you have so much you had to pump? and if so did you freeze it and save it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:32 PM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I got mine after my son was born and I had to pump to make it come, there was never enough so I did formula. But if mine would have come sooner I would have pumped it and froze it for when he was born. It's a great idea so they get the best nutrition when they're born.
    Anonymous

• I spotted b4 my babies around 5 months it started but u dont pre pump it could send u into labor and after my babies i got so much it freaking hurt but with my first i dried up at 3 months
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 2:38 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• you do NOT get breast milk untill you have the baby you can leak colostrum which is premilk substance and what you will feed the baby the day you have the baby
    Anonymous

• there is no need to pump before the baby comes. Pumping could cause labor to come. your milk will not come until the baby is born and you will have plenty of colostrum to feed the baby untill it does !
    nursinghannah

Answer by nursinghannah at 3:05 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• What leaks out before the baby is born is colostrum, not milk. Milk doesn't come in until 3-4 days after the birth of your baby. It does no good to pump colostrum, because not only does nipple stimulation cause uterine contractions which could send you into labor, you don't get much colostrum by pumping, usually just a few drops after the first time.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 3:22 PM on Jul. 3, 2009