Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

custody and child support question

ok so my sisters fiance has 2 kids by another woman he is pay 950 a month for child suport well he got the papers to get it changed, sent them to oregon so she could be served well she isnt at the house that she gave us the address, the sherrif is sending the papers back to him, what does he have to do?? wehave never doen this before, health adn welfare wont chsnge child support with out a court order and we cannot get a court order unless e she is served and we cannot find her\


Answer Question

Asked by MammaSherry at 2:35 PM on Jul. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • Well she's obviously getting the money, he needs to contact her and ask her what her address is because he wants to visit the kids or some excuse so he can get the address.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:39 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

  • Maybe something is missing in this story.......does he not see the kids or have any idea where they are?? Where is the money going?? The courts must know where the money is being sent.

    Answer by jfblaine at 2:42 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

  • He is supposed to know where they live so he should notify the courts that her address that is on file is not right. She is in violation. She is probably just using that address so whatever mail goes there she is getting. Just not that since she has to sign for it.


    Answer by Anonymous at 2:46 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

  • IF SHE'S RECIEVING THE CHILD SUPPORT SHE HAS AN ADRESS SOMEWHERE. I would contact the CS people both in your state and her's and file the request for modification through them. Which is the org state the CS was set in? Its hard when there are 2 states.
    Other than that, use the internet etc.etc. to find out the correct adress so that she can be served.

    Answer by MamiJaAyla at 3:50 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

  • I agree, the checks are going somewhere to be cashed. Did you send it to the address the Court has for her (to send the checks)? Miss a payment, I'm sure you'll hear from her! The attorney who did up your paperwork knows what to do. Let him/her handle it. I'm sure this happens often.

    Answer by admckenzie at 4:10 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

  • You need to contact the friend of the court that issues the child support payments. Also contact the local post office for a forwarding address. If she can't be found, I think you can run an ad in the local papers of the last known address for 3 weeks notifying her of the hearing.

    Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:39 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.