Why are you on CM?

I admit it, I live in a bubble! I have learned so much on CM and have been able to moderate some of my feelings by reading and listening to others whose lives are not like mine. I wonder though, why are some on here, to learn about others or just to express their own views. Not bashing anyone, just asking... what is your primary purpose to be on? To learn, to educate, to bash or just for some fun? Also include why you feel the way you do. I will be the first to answer.

teampalmer4

Asked by teampalmer4 at 3:00 PM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I like it here. . .

I laugh a lot, and learn a lot about other people's pov.

It was on here that I realized that if I truly believe in freedom of religion, gay marriage isn't my business.
    It was on here that I found out the actual history behind the demonization of weed, and how much good it can do if used properly.

It was on here that I realized the bulk of abortion debates are going nowhere but bad quick. The majority of people have already made up their mind and just want to argue.
    Same goes with anything that starts off with PA, or obama is the anti christ.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:54 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I am on to broaden my views. I am over 40 and live in the suburbs and found myself getting really narrow in my thoughts. Everyone here is white, middle class and we all tend to think alike. I was looking for something to help me see life from other peoples perspectives. I think I am a better person for being on here and learning.
    teampalmer4

Answer by teampalmer4 at 3:02 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I was working and now SAHM mom for summer and honestly I am bored out of my mind! We moved to Fl to be with SIL and family and then they all moved to Tn. I don't have friends here only some aquaintances. Also I am sort of a homebody. I have 12 yr. old ds who is always with friends. I feel like CM keeps me connected and the time goes by fast on here! Its been great for me! Thanks CM moms!
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 3:07 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I'm here to make friends and discuss/learn about politics and current events. I was a pretty rabid lefty when I came here and while few of my beliefs have changed I have come to understand and appreciate differing POV's.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 3:11 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I'm here because I clicked a little advertisement for CM 2 years ago, not knowing exactly what it was, but I was curious. I signed up and before I knew it I had made some great friends with similar interests. I have also learned a lot about different POV's and have grown because of that. Now I'm here because I enjoy talking to my friends everyday and to learn what other people think about the world around them.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 3:30 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• You all are the reason I am not here too... Its just when I read some of those posts and answers I wonder if this is the place for me or not, but its Moms like you that make me feel like this is worth my time!
    teampalmer4

Answer by teampalmer4 at 3:59 PM on Jul. 3, 2009